Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas Traditions!

After Christmas Jason and I talked about our favorite part of Christmas! We both decided that the night we spend in Salt Lake is the best part of the holidays! For the last three years we have spent one night in the down town Marriott and played until everyone is tired and grumpy!


This year for the first time we took the girls to Build-A-Bear! I was surprised by much they loved it and that they still sleep with their animals! (I wish that I would have thought of the idea instead of paying for it!)


Jason's favorite part of the trip is hanging out in the hotel trying to maintain control of the remote and eating at the all you can eat breakfast in the morning!













































This year the whole family was able to go ice skating! Sarah and I were first timers. (Yes, I was very proud of myself!) By the end of the night Ellie looked like a pro! I love this picture of Sarah and Jason, it is no wonder that Jason was hoping for some hot tub time. He didn't get it though, he had to play dolphin in the pool!!















My favorite part of the trip is facing the crowds at Temple Square! (Sarah and Ellie couldn't wait to get back to the hotel to go swimming.) I love the spirit at Temple Square and I love thinking about the true meaning of Christmas! Mary is one of my heroes and I love to think about the kind of mother she must have been.



5 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun. I think Todd and I should start something like that next year. If you guys decide to change it til like a few days after Christmas we would love to double at the Marriott.

    The ice skating looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like such a fun tradition. Maybe next year I will have to start doing a family tradition

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Tyler... Welcome to the blogging community. I really enjoy reading blogs so please keep the entries coming. We miss our trips to temple square around the Christmas season. Ellie and Sarah are growing up so fast. They must enjoy getting out and being active with their parents...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always admired the traditions you have with your family. You guys are so active and always making time for each other...
    These are memories your girls will cherish forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like so much fun. It amazes me how much kids love to go to a hotel and swim. I still love it :).

    ReplyDelete