Sunday, October 25, 2009

SWINE FLU!

I have become quite a germophobe since the outbreak of swine flu. I know that some of this has worn off on Ellie and she is now the expert on the symptoms, the effects, and how many friends in her class she thinks has it. The following is a conversation we had in the car on our way home from school the other day.

Ellie-There were four kids in my class out today and Mrs. Dutson was also out. Mom, what is a swine anyway?


Me-It's a pig but that doesn't really have to do with anything with the sickness.


Sarah-"I'll never kiss a pig! I want to but I won't!"


This must still be on Sarah's mind. Last night, while my friend Kandyce was babysitting her she had this conversation with Kandyce.

Sarah- How did your dog Max die?
Kandyce- He got sick.
Sarah-What did he get sick from?
Kandyce- He had cancer.
Sarah- So he didn't kiss a pig!

3 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear she will never kiss a pig :). The sad thing is I really don't think it is that big of a deal but with the media it is getting out of control :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute family! You take good care of yourself so that you don't get the pig flu. I have an aunt who has taught school for 30 years. Her first year she caught every bug possible. The next year she started swabbing the inside of her nose with vaseline and never got sick after that. I guess those dumb bugs can't attach themselves if they're slipping around on vaseline (or something scientific like that). I'm sure you've heard lots of ways to stay well. I just hadn't ever heard that one.
    Were you on a DATE when I saw you last night? I hope so. I was on a date by myself. It was nice to get away from the house for a while.

    ReplyDelete